Thursday, September 8, 2011

Dream Lunch

Since my writer's block post, I have had several requests for writing about my dream lunch. Here ya go!

For the meal, I would have a Claude's burger from the Dawg House in Ruston. I know this sounds simple, but I promise you, it's the absolute best hamburger in the entire world. The contrast of the sweet bun and the salty, spicy hamburger meat and jalapenos is sheer perfection. I would have some homemade onion rings and a healthy portion of cat-sup with a fresh squeezed lemonade on the side. For dessert, I would have Sean Walter's baklava and a box of berry tie-dye Fruit-by-the-Foot.

Now here comes the good part--the company!

Of course Tina Fey would be there. We could talk about our childhoods and being mistaken for boys. We'd crack jokes on each other and have eating contests. Of course, I'd win because I take Giada de Laurentis-sized bites.

Jen Lancaster would also be there. She would just make me laugh talking about her dogs and the idiots in her neighborhood. I'd ask her how to get famous by writing a blog, and she'd tell me, and then I'd get a book deal and move to Boston.

The final person is a toss-up between Jimmy Fallon, Colin Quinn, and Patrick Dempsey. Jimbo is adorable, and he'd be a good person to stare at while I'm eating. Colin Quinn could just talk to me in his Brooklyn accent. The downside with these two is they would just catch up with Tina Fey and leave me out of the conversation. I need the attention to ALWAYS be on me. It's my dream lunch!  So, by default, McDreamy will be the winner. His job would be to smile at me and wear a lab coat. It can't get any better or more simple than that. It's totally reasonable.

One day, I'm going to wake up, and Tina, Jen, and McDreamy will be at my house with rented mopeds, and we'd ride them to lunch.

Then, I could die.

2 comments:

  1. If Tina's there, you don't get my baklava unless I'm there.

    Now you gotta write about the Art of Attraction.

    ReplyDelete